The IIS University’s Book Fair organised on 4th & 5th Feb, 2014 played a pivotal role in reiterating the might of the pen and the printed word. The IIS Book fair has come to be recognized as a book bonanza keenly awaited by students, teachers, scholars, intellectuals, librarians and book lovers. ‘The Book Fair’ wherein renowned publishers were invited to give the readers an insight into the world of knowledge. Approximately ten thousand new books were displayed during the fair and the faculty members and students were asked to recommend books for the library collection. Thus the book fair helped library enrich its collection every year. Each stall was a delight in itself.
The following categories were displayed:
• Subject-oriented books
• Books on language and literature
• Books on performing arts, science and technology
• Fiction and non-fiction novels
• Books on cookery, health, beauty and fitness
• Various inspirational and self-development books